Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 4 - Mon 13 Sept - Exploring Passy

Having had a great night's sleep - we headed off for a six hour meander around Passy. This area reminded us very much of the more affluent suburbs of Melbourne like, Toorak and Chapel Street. We can't get enough of the beautiful architecture of the apartments. Highlights were the Jardin du Ranelagh and a beautiful garden precinct known as Porte de Passy, where rowing boats are hired out on weekends, ducks swim and people jog and take their dogs for walks. Avoiding their droppings is a constant challenge.

Inviting Cake Shops

The Eiffel Tower is seen from much of Paris

Parisiennes are beautiful people - they are all slim! Stuart and I will have to have a good look at ourselves when we get home. Eating croissants and pastries is not helping! I am feeling very proud of myself, having been able to speak French at the cafes and stores we have visited. I feel quite surprised when the salesperson actually knows what I am saying. More Paris (within walking distance) tomorrow ......
The shopping strip of Passy




1 comment:

  1. Hi Nonna & Stu,
    I am having fun on my holiday but I got dunked by a big wave. I don't want to go back in the ocean anymore.
    Love Jordy

    ReplyDelete